“I don’t know of another case and matter management software vendor who could release an application that offers the latest in functionality and technology, and benefits from 25 years of industry experience and customer input.”
Springfield, Ill., Jan. 8, 2016 – Legal Files Software, Inc. today announced the general availability of Version 9.0 of its legal case and matter management software for corporate legal departments, leading law firms, governmental agencies, university legal departments and other legal professionals.
The new release offers enhanced output for reporting and customized window capabilities, as well as supports all existing customer configurations.
“Legal Files Software is celebrating our 25th anniversary this year, and we wanted to make Legal Files 9.0 something very special,” explained Legal Files CEO John Kanoski. “I don’t know of another matter and legal case management vendor who could release an application that offers the latest in functionality and technology, and benefits from 25 years of industry experience and customer input.”
Key highlights of the Legal Files 9.0 release include:
• Enhanced reporting output capabilities–throughout the program–with the addition of “Export to Excel” functionality;
• Improved navigation with the creation of the “Return to/Navigation History” function which is “pinned,” enabling you to quickly return to recently visited Legal Files pages;
• Created a new Legal Files extension for Google which makes it possible to save Gmail emails directly into Legal Files, whether as email or as documents. Google calendar entries can now be saved to the Legal Files calendar;
• Added a “Court Holidays Management” tool to set local court or office holidays, which can then be avoided when creating to-do’s and calendars via the Legal Files Workflow Wizards.
• Enhanced Custom Windows to include three different display options (columns, menu and scrolling) and Legal Files Advanced Search functionality has been extended to all Custom Windows;
• Added a “Select Document” pick to the attachment fields to allow documents already attached to a file to be attached/linked to several new windows:
• Added a Legal Files Web pane in Outlook which displays Legal Files Recent Files so you can drag and drop email and/or individual attachments to the email directly into the appropriate file in Legal Files. The Legal Files icon on the Legal Files Web pane can also operate as a Drop Zone inside of Outlook, so email can be dragged to the icon, activating the “Save to Legal Files” function.
• Added the ability to route documents to Legal Files users directly from the Legal Files Drop Zone.
• Added a new “Created by All” option in the Advanced Note Search which enables you to search Legal Files Notes created by all Legal Files Users.
Legal Files 9.0 is available immediately. Legal Files customers wishing to download the new release should contact the Legal Files Support Desk at Support@LegalFiles.com. Prospective customers wishing to view a demo of the Legal Files 9.0 should contact the Legal Files Sales Department at Sales@LegalFiles.com or (800) 500-0537 (toll free in the U.S. and Canada).